Oliford

The Castle
the centre of royal life
The castle sits at the centre of sprawling grounds containing gardens, training arenas, barracks, the royal stables and Lake Lilith, which is fed by the River Twinge. The royal guards which are stationed at various points around the territory will occasionally check fairies’ identities but are usually happy to let visitors wander around, unless the king orders otherwise. Within the castle itself, the west wing is the personal residence of the royal family, the east wing is the home of the court and the servants’ quarters on the lower levels. The castle is practically impregnable and is well-guarded against attack.

Royalty

king
Mordred
queen
Gaiane
Heir
Loholt
royal men
--
royal women
Morgana, sister of the King

consorts
--
courtiers
Lady Alethea
Lady Styx
Captain Flynn
Lord Anapa
Lady Electra
Lady Rhyolite

Residents and Employees

military
Grayson, Squire
Flynn, Captain of the Royal Guard
Caldera, Royal & Alliance Guard
Dylan, Trainee Guard
Saffron Trainee Guard
Alector, Trainee Guard
professionals
Amber, Treasurer
Gavin, Artist
Danny, Royal Doctor
Graeling, Naval Navigator
Mohana, Librarian

household
Madeline, Housekeeper
Margaret, Kitchen Maid
Alistair, Stable Boy
Luke, Kennel Boy
Cypress, Kennel Boy
prisoners
Jacopo, Kidnapper

Add your character and their personalised role via the updates board.

located here
  • Royal court: The royal court is a place for people to receive an audience with members of the royal family. Petitions can be presented to the king, connections made and events held.
  • Royal stables: The royal stables offers quality horses on lease for a variety of uses.
  • Royal schools: Children can receive private tuition or schooling here.
  • Royal library: The largest collection of written works in all of Shaman.
  • Royal hospital: The only official hospital in Shaman, this is where the sick and wounded are brought to be cared for.
  • Royal gardens: Beautiful and varied gardens which are open to the public. Includes allotments, flower gardens, and open spaces to walk or ride in.
  • Barracks: Royal and Alliance guards and soldiers live in the barracks.
  • Training arena: A well-equipped arena for knights, soldiers and guards to develop their fitness and skills.
needs a new tag!
IP: 66.208.250.154

Danny had gotten into the habit of keeping his nose in his book whenever he ventured to or from anywhere in public. It tended to eliminate a lot of bothersome questions and sympathetic looks. Most everyone in the Castle knew he'd been quite close to the "traitors" Thoth and Tristan - more Thoth than Tris, though he'd run into, and treated, the prince on occasion - and that his cherished elder sister, Renn, and that "troublemaker" twin of hers were no longer at the castle. If the looks and whispers were anything to go off of, everyone thought he should be a pile of angst. Which he was, he supposed, since that was a teenager's natural state (everyone said so), but not for the reasons they all assumed. After all, Renn wasn't that far away, and he'd seen Thoth plenty recently - not that he could say so. Today his mask was a thick tome on cold-based injuries and illnesses; he'd always feared frostbite - as a doctor, one's hands were quite literally their livelihood - and he was sure this winter would be a nasty one.

He heaved a sigh as he heard someone shout his name, watching from the corner of his eye as they gestured towards him. He could just make out blonde hair and pale skin, which could be any number of people, none of which he felt particularly inclined to talk to. So he tried his hardest to ignore them, until suddenly they weren't far from him, and he had no choice but to look up. As soon as he did he felt the blood drain from his face, his cheeks pale with surprise and terror. Lorraine! He'd been ignoring LORRAINE of all people! He gulped, his cheeks now flushed with dismay.

"I-I-I'm so sorry, seret!" he said anxiously. "I didn't realize it was you!" He glanced down at his book, slapping it shut with a snap and guiltily hiding it behind his back. Somehow it seemed a bit rude to be studying how to treat cold-based injuries in front of the winter goddess herself. It took him a long, terrified moment to realize the woman wasn't... quite herself.

Danny blinked at her, swallowing again. "It's Lorraine but everyone thinks I'm Lorraine"? What the heck did she mean by that? He started to shake his head, another apology on his tongue, when Lorraine asked about Buddy. Buddy? What did she need with him?

"I-I'm not sure, seba’iqer," he said, his anxiety rather palpable now. "May I inquire as to w-what you need him for? I-I'm sure his fairy can assist you. H-have you spoken with Cal... I mean, excuse me, Caldera? I'll go find her for you."

Danny started to scramble away, his heart thundering in his ears. Lorraine was scary, but when she didn't make sense she was even more terrifying!

Danny
I like doing doctory things, yo

photo by Leo Messana at flickr.com

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

rules | contact | credits
home | adhere | adventure | reside | ooc | help
© Shaman 2009 onwards, all rights reserved.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording